Tuesday, August 17, 2010

African Music - Maurice Kirya

On facebook I came across a video of Ugandan artist Maurice Kirya who was in a Kenyan television show. I was captured by his looks first, then by his total appearance. He sang a song titled I Will Sing, which did not make me fall of my chair, but it did make me look for more of his music on YouTube. And there were some songs that did indeed make me fall. That was yesterday. I spend some time checking all his video's on YouTube, and today I decided to buy his album Misubbaawa on cdbaby.com. His songs are very diverse. When singing Malaika he reminds me immediately of Lokua Kanza from Congo. Hearing If I Ever could make you thing this is American Soul artist Kem. It's a great album and worth much more than the $9,99!

No comments:

Post a Comment